1. January 2021
- For the fourth day in a row, France reports more than 200,000 new corona infections
2. January 2022
- Israel formally approves 4th dose of COVID-19 vaccine for people over 60 and medical staff
6. January 2022
- The World Health Organization (WHO) has reported a record number of weekly coronavirus infections worldwide. The number rose in the past week by 71 percent to just under 9.5 million
- More books sold in pandemic year 2021. With an increase in sales of 3.2 percent, the book market closed the second pandemic year.
7. January 2022
- 98,000 children in Peru have become half-orphans or orphans as a result of Covid-19
- In Italy, the corona incidence more than doubled within a week. As of Thursday, the health authorities recorded an average of 1,669 corona cases per 100,000 inhabitants nationwide over the past seven days,
- New rules in Germany: restaurants only for 2 times vaccinated and recovered + test or completely boosted / quarantine reduced to 10 days, boosted people not quarantined at all.
11. January 2022
- The World Health Organization (WHO), citing an extrapolation, warns that in two months more than half of the people in Europe could be infected with Omikron.
- Spain’s Prime Minister Pedro Sanchez has encouraged his European partners to debate the question of treating Covid-19 no longer as a pandemic but as an endemic disease and establishing a model for monitoring virus evolution, similar to that used for the flu
12. January 2022
- For the first time more than 80,000 new infections in Germany (80.430)
- If the corona virus leads to a shortage of staff in the police force, right-wing extremists are planning an overthrow, according to the Thuringian Office for the Protection of the Constitution.
17. January 2022
- The number of new corona infections in Hamburg is increasing . For the first time, the seven-day incidence reported by the health authority is above the 1000 mark